This has become my go-to recipe for a dessert to share. These cookies are absolutely delicious , not overly sweet, and they bring a smile to everyone’s face! And when I tell people I made them with essential oils, they are thoroughly surprised!
Lemon Lavender Cookies
1 c. butter (room temp)
2/3 c. powdered sugar
Zest of 2 lemons – divided
7 drops of doTERRA lemon oil
3 drops of doTERRA lavender oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. salt
2 c. flour
2 tbsp. raw sugar
1 ¾ c. powdered sugar
¼ c. lemon juice
2 drops of foTERRA lemon oil
Zest of one lemon
1tsp salted butter (melted)
Combine all ingredients, whisk, and drizzle!
- Combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, zest of one lemon, and essential oils until blended well.
- Add flour and combine until dough comes together.
- Form into disc and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and remove dough from fridge.
- In a small bowl, combine zest of last lemon with raw sugar.
- Roll out dough to about ¼ inch thick and sprinkle with lemon zest/sugar mix.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut cookies. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are set.
- After cookies cool, drizzle with lemon glaze.